The Pinewood Derby is coming up on Sunday, March 11th!
Don't miss out on the fun and prizes.
Races begin at 11:00 am at SeaCliff Elementary at 6701 Garfield Ave, HB
Download the flyer here
First race starts at 12:00 PM sharp!
Order of Racing – Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Alumni
Cost per entrant is $25 (includes car kit, patch, awards, and GOOD TIMES!!). We will have food truck providing good grub for sale to keep everyone’s energy up!
Pinewood Derby Rules
1. Cars must be made from the YMCA-supplied kits using the stock wheels & screws in the kits 2. Weight limit is 6 oz (BSA is 5 oz) 3. Race cars may be no wider than 2-3/4 (2.75) inches so as not to interfere with adjacent cars. 4. Underside clearance of at least 3/8 (0.375) inches, and inside wheel to wheel clearance of at least 1-3/4 (1.75) inches so that the car will not drag on the race track guides. 5. The nose of the car must have enough width to be able to be restrained by the 1/4" diameter starting pin. Do not shave the nose to a point. 6. Wheel treatment (hub and tread smoothing and polishing) Some of the original "tread marks" on the wheel faces must remain intact 7. Wheel lubricants must not leave oily residue on the track. Graphite or "white lube" powder that flies off the wheels is normal and acceptable 8. The wheel base must remain the same length as provided in the kit block. NOONWAY!!
Click Here for a downloadable flyer.
March 18th 2017
Great Hunting Valley
LOCATION: Seacliff Elementary School
6701 Garfield Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
12 PM Start time
ENTRY FEE: $25 (INCLUDES CAR KIT)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH
18222 SANTA JOANANA
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA 92708
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR. NO PRE EVENT REGISTRATION.
$25 PER DAD/DAUGHTER PAIR
$35 PER FAMILY
Click Here for flyer
Camp info package from Camp Oakes which includes the itinerary, weather-related information, Camp Code of Conduct, and most importantly, the Friday Pizza Order Form (all pizza/pasta orders must be in by noon on Monday, January 16!) Make sure your daughters get their wristbands for the Nation games on Saturday morning during breakfast before they leave the dining hall! Also, make sure you take advantage of the Astronomy activity happening on Friday night between 9pm and 10pm – meet in front of the dining hall at 9pm.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMP OAKES
Here is a link to directions to Camp Oakes:
MAP OF CAMP OAKES
Also included is a Map of Camp Oakes. I will be sending out the dorm assignments on Wednesday or Thursday night to account for late sign-ups. If there are any late-comers who are unsure of where to go, please direct them to the Office (next to the Main Parking Lot).
Please make sure you get your achievement coups and feather winners to Ricardo Juarez as soon as possible.
Download the pizza form here: Pizza
Download the directions for Camp Oakes here: Camp Oakes Directions
Saturday, November 12th.
5:30 pm check in. Program concludes Sunday at 9 am but feel free to stay and explore as you receive free all day admission to the Science Center.
• Dinner Saturday evening.
• Science demonstrations and hands on activities
• Explore the Museum after hours
• Interactive Science Exhibits
• Movie Presentation in the Discovery Theater
• Continental Style Breakfast
• All day Sunday admission to the Science Center
Fee: $75 per person
*Space is limited for this event. We will sell out.
2500 North Main Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
CLICK HERE To download a PDF of the event for you or your tribe..
REGISTER NOW!! CLICK HERE
THIS WEEKEND September 16 – 18th
Hosted by The Mohicans!
SIGN UP FOR THIS EVENT BY CLICKING HERE
Location: Two Harbors Campground ,Catalina
Transport: Catalina Flyer - 400 Main St., NB 92661
Depart: check in 12:00pm Friday 9/16 and we leave @ 1:00pm
Return: check in 10:30am Sunday 9/18 and we leave @ 11:30am
Food: Breakfast on Sat and Sun; Lunch on Saturday; Dinner on Friday and Sat
Luggage: as usual; trash cans ok - Still figuring out the firewood situation since we have to bring our own this year.
Download PDF Catalina_2016